Role title: Front Office Manager
Reporting to: General Manager and ultimately the Managing Director
Location: Leichhardt NSW
Type of Employment: Full Time (8am – 5pm five days per week)
The Front of House Manager is engaged across all aspects of the administration for the Lawsons business.
Key focus will be on the following duties:
· Monitor all inbound email communication from clients and respond to such in a timely fashion.
· Field the majority of ‘new business’ calls, making sure that retention of the lead is maximised by proactively selling across our broad range of products available to vendors and buyers alike.
· Resolving client disputes with a focus on attacking the issue, not the person.
· Residing over the receptionist panel, making sure that reception is run smoothly and effectively.
· Handle the majority of communication between Lawsons and their vendors on a sale by sale basis. This will include obtaining verbal or written sign-off on all product prior to sale.
· Assist the Finance Manager with daily duties such as bank reconciliations, debtor chase up reports and sale reconciliations.
· Daily reconciliation of physical cash/card payments/cheques to payments ledger.
· Overseeing special interest auctions and select VIP vendors.
· Oversee the post sale logistics for timed online sales making sure that staff are following procedure for sold inventory.
· Assist the Head Valuer by monitoring work levels and booking appointments.
· A good head for numbers. Basic accounting skills would be preferable.
· Excellent verbal and written communication is obligatory.
· An ability to recognise ‘room for improvement’ across our systems and implement change or new initiatives in order to facilitate improvements subject to management approval.
· A sound knowledge and interest across the key asset classes we deal with including General Furniture, Antique Furniture, Decorative Arts, Jewellery, Fine Art and Wine.
· Oversee the post sale inventory flow, ensuring that departments follow post sale inventory protocol.
· Previous auction house experience will be highly regarded.
If you're interested in applying for this job, please send your resume to Martin Farrah: email@example.com